Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Getting a New Job

This was easy for me since I did not really like my current job so if there is any inner conflict at you doing this, can't really help you except to say more money is good in this situation.

I have a very good method for finding a new job. I got this tip from a trusted friend and have applied it several times before and have gotten friends to try this method and it works.

Anyway, basic theory is you are now marketing and advertising - as a job seeker you are selling your services so it is fair to think that the same axioms apply to job seeking as selling product X. The secret is to blanket the place with your main form of advertising, your resume.

I get hundreds of them out in a week.

That may not make sense, and I am not saying it makes sense, I am just saying it works.

You will run out of places to send them after about 20 or so (going to Hotjobs, Monster, Craigslist etc.) but then I go to websites of any company I feel vaguely relates to what I am looking for and drop a resume to their HR dept. via the "Careers" page on the main company website with a generic cover letter.

Anyway, let the advertising campaign commence!

No comments: